Campervan Hire Spain: Rent a camper and drive around Spain
There is an incredible warmth about Spain, and not just the weather forecast. Its people are passionate about life and a campervan or motorhome hire in Spain is an ideal holiday option, as you may change the itinerary on a number of occasions. This country of the Iberian Peninsula has a way of ensnaring you like no other European destination. Obsessive football culture is combined with a vast array of restaurants and culinary delicacies, with fantastic food everywhere, while the fractured and fascinating history has left behind unique architecture and stories galore.
Rent a campervan in Spain and hit the top destinations like Malaga, Barcelona or Madrid. Whether you decide to explore Costa Brava or Seville, go on a Pyrenees camping adventure, or even visit Spain's wine region of La Mancha in your Spain motorhome hire, you will not be short of ideas.
Top destinations for your Spain campervan hire
Motorhome Republic offers a number of options for campervan hire Spain pick-up. Many will consider Barcelona International Airport an ideal spot to collect, as you are in the northeast of the country and can work your way south or east. Barcelona itself is one of the world’s most popular tourism destinations, thanks to the stunning architecture of Gaudi, one of the most famous football clubs in the world, a buzzing nightlife, pedestrian mall La Rambla and so much more. Camping Tres Estrellas is 12km from the city, while Camping Masnou is a 15km drive – both of these are good sites for a camper tour in Spain.
The heart of the nation and capital, Madrid is probably on your camper hire bucket list if you’re travelling to Spain. A real taste of culture is on offer here with a selection of museums, while Gran Via is a kilometre-long, tourist-friendly central avenue - you will see anything and everything along this central artery. Galleries and parks are also in abundance, with El Retiro a particular favourite. The Royal Palace is another must-do, although it may be a struggle to get in and have a chat.
The Pyrenees (Pirineos in Spanish) borders France and Spain and is a long-established campervan hire itinerary. If you’re camping in Spain, you’re likely to make your way here, to an amazing mountain range that spans around 500km. With majestic peaks, be sure to take your hiking boots, as the world-famous Aneto hits 3500m and is the highest spot. It’s also the third-highest mountain in Spain. There are numerous private camping sites along the route to stay overnight in your camper van rental, although some can be expensive due to tourist demand. Wild camping is fine but check online beforehand. Also, the terrain is very rugged so the season generally runs through the summer months and October, November. It all depends on the weather.
Costa del Sol, a coastal haven in Malaga, has been delighting beach bums for decades. The luxury accommodations, nightlife, dining, stunning beaches make it a great choice for a family holiday. The cities to the east and west of Malaga, Spain offers everything from flashy cocktail bars and pubs, to live music venues and nightclubs that are open until the morning. It is said to be a never-ending party place!
There’s so much to see and do in Valencia such as shopping, culture, theatre, cinema, music, museums. The city's historic constructions with the futuristic buildings of the avant-garde era are great spots. It’s one of the European cities which hosts the most trade fairs and congresses each year. There is also a famous train station Estación del Norte which is a good sight to see, because of its architecture. Pick up a motorhome hire Spain now and experience everything this country has to offer!
You can continue your European RV tour by visiting Italy or other neighbouring countries and explore with a camper rental in Ireland, or even get a motorhome hire in France. You can also pick up a motorhome hire in Portugal to discover the extreme southwest of Europe or head north and begin a campervan tour in Netherlands.
Handy tips for relaxing motorhome hire in Spain
For a quick rundown, here are some ideas for hitting the road during your motorhome rental Spain holiday:
- Due to the warm climate, Spain campervan hire during winter is exceptionally common. The milder temperatures encourage thousands to hit the road and enjoy camping in Spain. However, this also means that the roads, and sites, can get very busy.
- Always look to book early, so you don’t miss out on a motorhome hire or RV rental Spain of your choice.
- Camping sites do vary in price quite wildly, so check online first so you don’t get a shock at the prices. The camping sites themselves will of course vary, but there has been a substantial effort to improve quality across the board and everything you need should be available at most of the paid-for facilities.
- English speaking is also very common so no need to worry if you need assistance from the locals during your motorhome rental Spain road trip.
- Free parking is rare in the bigger cities and finding space will be difficult. If you find it hard to locate a spot for your rental camper van within the bigger cities, there are many spots on the outskirts. Hot water and showers are not difficult to find.
- Whenever you travel in your motorhome or campervan hire in Spain, always keep your vehicle locked up and don’t pick up strangers. Even invest in an alarm and certainly padlock valuables if you are going for walks and leaving your RV rental isolated especially in remote places. Spain is a wonderfully friendly country, but you can always be unlucky.
The beauty of Spain motorhome rentals is the variety of things to do and places to stay. The weather is generally fantastic, so what are you waiting for – get booking and find the right RV rental for your Spain adventure with the fantastic team at Motorhome Republic.
Review Rating : 4/5 based on 589 reviews